As one of the many departments in Notre Dame's Division of Student Affairs, Undergraduate Career Services is one of five offices located in the new Center for Career Development on the 5th floor of Duncan Student Center. Our office is located in the South Suite of Duncan.
Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm
Monday-Thursday, 4:00-7:00pm, Peer Review
Monday-Friday, 2:00-4:00pm, Counselor Review
You are welcome to contact us in any of the following ways:
Undergraduate Career Services
504 Duncan Student Center
Notre Dame, IN 46556
- Mission: The Center for Career Development prepares students for lifelong career readiness through innovative and tailored programs, services, and strategic partnerships.
- Vision: Empowering students to discern, discover, and pursue meaningful careers to be a force for good in the world.
Our hope is for you to...
- Actively engage in your career development process.
- Examine your values, interests, personality traits, and skills.
- Extend this knowledge to adjust or confirm major selection and future career decisions.
- Experience learning opportunities in career areas of interest.
- Experiment through internships, externships, career treks, networking events, informational interviews, and other professional development activities.
- Enhance professional networking skills gained through these experiential opportunities.
- Explore career options.
- Evaluate viable options for a first destination after graduation.
- Employ the resources available to you to discern, apply for, and select a first destination.
- Exude confidence and professionalism in your personal brand through application materials, online presence, interview skills, and communications.
Undergraduate Career Services is made up of two teams: the Engagement Team and the Exploration Team. The Engage Team primarily works with first year students and sophomores who are reflecting on their values, interests, personality and skills. After a student identifies a particular industry to research, the Exploration Team provides career counseling support. All of our staff are located in the 504 south suite of Duncan Student Center.
- Introduction to the Center for Career Development
- Exploring/Changing Majors & Careers
- Assessments Intake
- MBTI Review
- Strong Interest Inventory Review
- Writing Your First Resume
- Writing Your First Cover Letter(s)
- First-Time Career Fair Prep
- Summer Plans for 1st Year & Sophomores
- Internship Funding
- Industry Exploration
- Utilizing Online Resources
- Resume Review
- Cover Letter Review
- Internships/Employment Search
- Networking/Informational Interviews
- Career Fair Prep
- Interview Prep
- Mock Interviews (General)
- Mock Case Interviews
- Medical Mock Interviews
- Case Interview Prep
- Graduate School Exploration
- Job-Decision Making/Offer Evaluation
Our Career Development Assistants supplement the full-time staff by completing projects, working with employers and job approvals, assisting at information sessions and career fairs, and by conducting peer walk-in sessions with students Monday-Thursday from 4-7 p.m. Walk-in sessions allow students to get quick, yet in depth answers to a number of career related questions. Students can expect Career Development Assistants to aid in:
- Networking tips
- Resumes & Cover letters