Resources for Engineering Students
While job postings are offered on Handshake, an effective career search includes the utilization of many job search sites. Here are a few key sites to search for opportunities:
Engineering Job Posting Sites
Other Job Search Sites
- LinkedIn - Provides a robust job posting site. Your profile will likely be viewed through the interview process - be sure it is updated.
- CareerShift - One of the most comprehensive, multi-function sites: job board, research companies, and find contacts (including a search for Notre Dame alums)
- GoinGlobal - Includes more than 10,000 pages of constantly-updated content on topics such as: job search sources, work permit/visa regulations, resume writing guidelines and examples, employment trends, salary ranges, networking groups, cultural/interviewing advice for major US and International cities.
- USAjobs.gov - Government jobs on a site managed by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management.
- CareerBuilder - Broad-reaching job search site
- Dice.com - Search for technology positions
- IrishCompass - ND student/alumni networking site (more than 4,000 alumni joined to meet and support students)
- MyND - Directory of Notre Dame alumni
- Industry resources and insight (hosted on the Mahaffey Business Library website, this also provides a link to Vault)
- Vault Career Insider - Insight about a variety of industries (note: the link to Vault must be accessed through the Mahaffey Business Library website to receive free access)
- Interview tips: Go IRISH, our recruiting platform, not only includes job postings, but also has a link to a Google Sheet which includes feedback other students have provided about their interview experiences. Access is restricted to your Net ID and password. Look for the link in the "What's New" or "announcements" sections of your homepage.
- Interview preparation for software/technical interviews
- Undergraduate Career Services website can help with: