Arts and Letters Corporate Industry Bootcamp
The College of Arts and Letters and The Center for Career Development are pleased to offer an opportunity for 20 Arts and Letters Students to participate in the annual Arts & Letters Corporate Industry Bootcamp. The Arts and Letters Corporate Industry Boot Camp is offered to sophomores and juniors, and will take place during Fall Break, October 15-18 in Chicago, IL. The program will involve four class meetings prior to the program and one meeting following the Boot Camp. This unique program offers Arts and Letters students a seminar on various aspects of marketing and business operations, understanding financial analysis, and solving key management problems through case study analysis. Students will work on teams to develop and present solutions to a case study while engaging in employer and alumni discussions via presentations, lunch meetings, and panels. If you are seeking an intensive, short-term corporate learning challenge, APPLY for the Arts and Letters Corporate Industry Boot Camp!
The Boot Camp is a challenging program that gives students an opportunity to:
- Understand the relationship between various components of the corporate world (marketing, finance, management, operations, accounting, etc.)
- Collaborate with a team to develop a solution to a case study and present it to a panel of employers
- Perform a S.W.O.T. analysis to solve a case study
- Gain basic understanding of financial analysis and financial statements
- Network with employers and alumni in consulting, finance, and marketing
- Participate in office visits to learn more about the consulting, finance, and marketing industries
- Practice and utilize appropriate business etiquette
- Engage in self-assessment and reflection regarding future professional interest areas
Students selected for the program will be required to enroll in the 1-credit Boot Camp course. The pre-program class sessions will take place Tuesdays, September 18, September 25, October 2, and October 9 from 5:00-6:30PM. Students must attend all four pre-program class sessions as well as one post-program session (date TBD).
Eligibility for the Arts and Letters Corporate Industry Boot Camp
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree, primary major is in Arts & Letters
- Sophomore or Junior standing as of Fall 2018
- A genuine interest in exploring a career in consulting, finance, and/or marketing
Ability to attend the required pre-program class sessions for the Boot Camp. Food will be provided.
- Key program information is covered at these pre-program class sessions, particularly information related to the cases presented by guest speakers and employers. In light of this and because this is a credit-bearing program, it is imperative that participants attend all of the class meetings.
- Enrolled full-time on the Notre Dame campus during Fall 2018
Program Requirements and Expectations
- Attend and actively participate in the required Arts and Letters Corporate Industry Boot Camp pre-and post-program class sessions
- Attend and actively participate in all events and work sessions of the Boot Camp during Fall break week
- Fund $250.00 of your expenses
All application materials are due via Go IRISH by 11:59 PM on Monday, August 27, 2018 - keyword search “Boot Camp”.
1. Resume (1 page limit) including current contact information (address, email, and telephone number).
Students are strongly encouraged to have their resume reviewed at The Center for Career Development prior to submission. Students can schedule a resume review by calling 574-631-5200 or visit the Center during Peer Walk-In hours, Monday - Friday, 10:00-11:45am and 1:00-3:45pm.
2. Big Interview Video Assignment including responses to specific interview questions (see position description on Go IRISH for details and instructions)
Students selected for 2nd round interviews will be notified and participate in those via Zoom over the summer.
- Monday, August 27 before 11:59PM on Go IRISH
Questions? Please contact email Maureen Baska or call the Center for Career Development at 574-631-5200.