The President’s Circle Mentor Program
Program Responsibilities and Expectations
- Students applying must have an internship secured for the duration of summer.
- Mentors in the President's Circle are often in positions of leadership in their company, and at times in their overall industry. Before applying, understanding that respect and timeliness are of utmost importance when connecting with this group of leaders.
- All students in the mentor program are required to be respectful, sincere and prompt.
- Students in the program are required to actively initiate the mentorship and to meet/call/connect with their mentor at least three times (3) over the summer.
- Students paired with a President's Circle Mentor are REQUIRED to attend a 20 minute training session. The Center for Career Development will provide best practices in mentoring and provide time for you to research your mentor during this training - Attendance is mandatory.
The Committee appoints mentor/mentee pairs based upon the mentor's expertise and what each student states as their career interests and goals. The committee is comprised of Notre Dame career services professionals, career counselors, and University Relations President's Circle staff. The committee will pair students with a mentor volunteer they believe can best support the student's professional development. All the information in this application is taken into consideration when pairing a student with a mentor.
When applying, a current resume and documentation of proof of employment (internship) are required. Please have pdf documents prepared before submitting.
To apply for the President's Circle Mentor Program, please fill out an application.
For questions regarding the President's Circle Mentor Program, please call the Center for Career Development, 574-631-5200.