Using Social Media for Your Job Search
- Plan a social media strategy that is right for your career goals.
- Build an online professional profile.
- Create a robust LinkedIn profile.
- Use platforms like Twitter to expand your network.
- Join LinkedIn Groups (industry-related and Notre Dame alumni group).
- Consider starting a blog related to the career interests about which you are passionate.
- Pay it forward.
- Use social media platforms to research organizations and people.
- Adjust your privacy settings
- Be aware of what is public
- Search yourself on Google
- Be a proactive un-tagger
- While job searching or at a summer internship, think twice before updating your status about anything career-related
- Proof before you post
These are just some of the ways to ramp up your social media presence. This space is expanding rapidly and it is critical that you are using this in your job search to increase your professional network and find the job you want.