Diversity & Inclusion
The Meruelo Family Center for Career Development serves the Notre Dame community by preparing all undergraduate and graduate students for lifelong career readiness through innovative and tailored programs, services, and strategic partnerships.
Ensuring equity in recruiting is uppermost in the minds of our staff. We continue to develop programs and initiatives to support our students in the recruiting process as they prepare for their careers:
- The First Generation Careers Initiative provides first gen students opportunities to discover and explore career paths while building community and pride in being first generation.
- The International Student Advisory Board comprised of students supporting each other in their career development through programming and initiatives.
- The Diversity and Inclusion Showcase digital book provides students the opportunity to research and compare employers by learning how they cultivate diversity and inclusion in their workplace.
- Beginning in the Fall 2020 semester a Diversity Newsletter will be distributed to students with a focus on career-related topics of interest, including: employer profiles, upcoming events, job postings, and articles written by students, alumni, and employers.
- As part of our Fall Career Fair Week students and employers will have the opportunity to network during our Diversity and Inclusion Networking Event. This event will provide an opportunity for students to connect with employers committed to advancing diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The event format will include opportunities for small group engagement and one-on-one conversations.
Diversity and Inclusion Showcase Book
Questions? Comments. Suggestions? We would love to hear them! Contact DJ Washington, Director of Employer & Regional Engagement.