Spring 2022 Appointment Options
One-on-One Career Counseling Appointments -
Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors have the option of scheduling in-person or virtual individual appointments with a counselor.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, schedule on Handshake.
Appointment Types Include:
- Discerning Your Career Path: Meet with a counselor to discern your major or career.
- Industry-Specific One-on-One Career Counseling: Meet with a counselor virtually to learn more about the recruiting specifics of a particular industry in which you are interested.
- Appointment by Career Counselor Name: Meet with a specific career counselor
- International Student Appointment: Meet with an advisor to learn the nuances of the international student job/internship search.
- Appointment Types Include:
First-Year One-on-One Career Counseling Appointments -
First year students will be eligible for one-on-one counseling appointments with one of the Center’s Discernment Counselors in Spring 2022. To become eligible for an appointment all first-year students must have previously completed the following (Once these are both completed students will be eligible for the spring one-on-one appointments):
- Attend a Discerning Your Career Plans Group Appointment. These small group (max 7 students), learning opportunities are offered on a weekly basis throughout the year. Find times and register on Handshake.
Watch the video below:
Career Development Series Certificate -
This series is offered every month giving you the tools to be "Career Ready!" They are offered by class years, one program for first-years/sophomores and one for juniors/seniors. Find times and register on Handshake.
- Discerning Your Career Path (FY/SO) or Promoting My Skills (JR/SR)
- Developing Your Resume (FY/SO) or Refining and Targeting Your Resume (JR/SR)
- Networking: Not As Scary As It Seems (plus on-line content for Handshake and LinkedIn along with Handshake & Linkedin reviews) (FY/SO/JR/SR)
- Digital Presence and Engagement (FY/SO)
- Crush Your Interview (FY/SO/JR/SR)
- Summer Plans: Tools for Finding a Summer Experience (FY/SO/JR)
- Job Search Strategy (SR)
- Topics include:
First-Year Discerning Your Career Plans Group Appointment -
Offered in-person on a weekly basis throughout the year, First-Year students are required to attend before they can schedule a one-on-one with a discernment career counselor in the Spring semester.
Register for a First Year Group Appointment
Virtual Drop-in Appointments with a Career Counselor -
- Virtual drop-in appointments with a Career Counselor are Monday-Thursday 2-4 pm. Students are seen on a first-come, first-served basis. These are 15-minute sessions designed for resume & cover letter reviews and questions that do not require a full appointment.
Drop-in Appointments with a Career Assistant -
Monday - Thursday, 7:00-10:00pm
- Career Assistants (trained student employees) offer resume and cover letter reviews during the school year when classes are in session.
- In-person - students may sign up through the link below and visit the 5th floor of the Duncan Student Center at the scheduled time.
- Virtual - students may sign up through the link below, utilizing the Zoom link provided at the scheduled time.
- Monday - Thursday, 7:00-10:00pm
Exploding Offers -
A brief counseling session to discuss an offer extended by an organization that has given a reply deadline of less than two weeks.
Please see the University’s Job Offer Policy for more information. These can be scheduled by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling our office at 574-631-5200.
- Please see the University’s Job Offer Policy for more information. These can be scheduled by emailing email@example.com or calling our office at 574-631-5200.
Mock Interviews -
Through partnerships with recruiters, alumni, faculty, administrators, and parents, the Meruelo Family Center for Career Development offers students the opportunity to participate in mock interviews.
- Click HERE for the various mock interview formats offered.
If you are experiencing difficulty with scheduling an appointment online, call us at 574-631-5200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our career counselors are
here to help with any need.