More than a job board
In August, the Center for Career Development launched Handshake, Notre Dame’s new centralized career services platform. This modern career management solution replaces the old GoIRISH system. Over 800 universities and 200,000 organizations are on the system, making it the most used platform nationwide. Handshake is a dynamic system that works to match students with the most relevant resources and opportunities offered by our office!
Handshake provides many helpful features, including the ability to:
- Access personalized job recommendations based on a student’s major, career interests, and profile information (skills, experiences, etc.)
- View and register for up-coming career fairs, networking events, and workshops
- Schedule appointments with career counselors
- Interact with employers as well as research contact information for local and national employers
- Connect with students across the country
- Search for and apply to open positions such as jobs and internships
Get started with Handshake
Here’s what you need to do...
STEP 1. ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT BY USING YOUR NETID AND PASSWORD
The activation process takes about 5 minutes and includes a series of questions which help Handshake build its artificial intelligence so that your dashboard can be populated with tailored content.
STEP 2. UPDATE YOUR PROFILE
After you activate your account, take a few minutes to update your profile, including:
- Past work experience (internships, campus jobs, etc.)
- Extra-curriculars (clubs, organizations, etc.)
- Skills and career interests