More than a job board
In August, the Center for Career Development launched Handshake, Notre Dame’s new centralized career services platform. This modern career management solution replaces the old GoIRISH system. Handshake is by far the most used platform across the country with more than 800 universities on the platform and more than 200,000 companies and organizations using it, as well.
Handshake provides many helpful features to students, including the ability to:
- Access personalized job recommendations based on a student’s major, career interests, and profile information (skills, experiences, etc.)
- Register for career fairs, networking events, and workshops
- Schedule appointments with career counselors
- Interact with employers
- Connect with students across the country
Here’s what you need to do...
STEP 1. ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT BY USING YOUR NETID AND PASSWORD
The activation process takes about 5 minutes and includes a series of questions which help Handshake build its artificial intelligence so that your dashboard can be populated with tailored content.
STEP 2. UPDATE YOUR PROFILE
After you activate your account, take a few minutes to update your profile, including:
- Past work experience (internships, campus jobs, etc.)
- Extra-curriculars (clubs, organizations, etc.)
- Skills and career interests